Our government client is currently seeking a Project Administrator with the following requirements:
-Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
The main task is to manage the marine data entry project by preparing and supervising the work of the data entry staff. It consists of elaborating a work structure to ensure a proper work flow between pre-data entry work (reception of documents, pre-selection and sorting), data entry work (core of the work) and post-data entry work (validation, follow up and scanning). The task also consists in supervising the performance of the data entry staff and supporting the team by providing help, directive and support.
· Duties will include the development of methodologies with regard of the General Declaration (A6), Freight Cargo Manifest (A6A) and attachments of the marine data coming from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). To be responsible for the entire work process from the preparation of documentations to be entered (sorting) to data entry to validation and to scanning. To report to the project manager. To support the data entry staff in providing directive. Organize staff meetings to follow the project evolution and implement chances if required during the progress of the project.
The secondary task is the entry of data from a material source and the transcription of the information via a custom computer software program. Skills and abilities required include familiarity with general office procedures, the use of standard office equipment and software (Windows 7, Word, Excel, Access, etc.) and an attention to detail when entering data.
· Duties will include the performance of routine, repetitive tasks of low to medium complexity involving a limited number of clearly defined tasks is required. In addition, the coding of documents prior to inputting may be required. Work performed will be subject to review while in progress.
Typical duties may include:
A) Main task (management):
- Organizing and supervising the work of the data entry staff by developing a work plan and communicating tasks to the staff
- Supporting the project manager in developing methodologies regarding each step of the work and ensuring the data entry staff understands each procedure
- Assisting the project manager in any decision that will affect the work plan and the data entry staff
- Assuming the responsibility of the validation and scanning processes
B) Secondary Task (data entry) :
- Entering data from various sources and formats into an electronic computer according to pre-described format
- Verifying data entered by checking printouts for errors and correcting as required
- Assisting in data collection and compilation
- Identifying, labelling and storing diskettes, disks and tapes
- Organizing data according to user requirements
- Filing or routing source documents after entry
Minimum Mandatory Qualifications:
- Successful completion of two years of secondary school or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience is required
- Minimum of three (3) months of experience in working with CBSA Marine General Declaration (A6), Freight Cargo Manifest (A6A) and attachments.
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience is required
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience using personal computers and inventory software under direct supervision to record and verify data from a variety of non-complex and complex sources is required