|Job Type||Contract Full-Time|
Our government client is currently seeking a Writer with the following requirements:
-Enhanced Security Clearance
· Write and edit content for the Web. The content will range from introduction pages, articles, highlights, summaries, and reports, to captions and text for interactive modules, etc. The content is aimed at a general audience of stakeholders and consumers.
· Liaise with subject matter experts and stakeholders to establish and/or clarify needs, assemble the necessary information, and review and/or approve content.
· Use plain language and information design principles to structure complex information to be more consumer-friendly.
· Use best practices in Web writing to prepare documents for Health Canada’s Healthy Canadians website – including style, formatting, search engine optimization, usability/navigation principles, and government guidelines.
· Complete research and analysis related to consumer safety and related topics.
· Prepare Web-appropriate adaptations of printed material, such as with language, style and format suitable for reading on a Web page. Prepare plain language summaries of complex documents or scientific reports intended principally for specialized audiences.
· May include coordination of translation and associated approvals.
Must demonstrate the following:
· Must provide proof of a certificate, diploma, or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in communications, English, translation, journalism or other related fields.
· Must demonstrate recent and significant experience* in writing documents for the Web
· Must demonstrate recent and significant experience* in working with style guides, including the Canadian Style: A Guide to Writing and Editing.
· Must demonstrate recent and significant experience* in providing strategic communications advice to senior management
*Recent experience is defined as having been acquired within the last 36 months.
*Significant experience is defined as the depth and breadth of experience generally acquired in performing the duties for a minimum of 24 month.
|Notes||Please note this position may have been filled prior to the closing date. Applicants may contact us to confirm if the position is still available. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.|
|Language Requirement||English, French|
|Security_Level||I - Enhanced Reliability|