|Job Title||Computer Application Support|
|Job Type||Contract Full-Time|
Our government client is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant with the following requirements:
-Enhanced Security Clearance
Upgrade of MS Word 2003 Template to MS Word 2010 for the publication of scientific documents
Scientists in our Agency are required to write several types of scientific reports that conform to our standards. We provide them with a Microsoft Word Template to assist with conforming to the writing standards. This Template was originally developed five years ago for MS Word 2003 and has recently been updated to MS Word 2010. It consists of a series of very complex, customized Macros, styles and other information security programming. The Agency is adopting a new document series and the template must be modified further.
Update the template, in both English and French, to MS Word 2010. The MS Word 2010 Templates must be optimized for a 32 bit and 64 bit computers and compatible with both Windows XP and Windows 7 working environments. Modifications to existing functionality will be required, as well as the incorporation of a number of new functionalities and thorough testing on all platforms.
Basis of Selection of contractor
The contractor shall have:
1) Demonstrated in-depth expertise in:
v Programming with complex and high-level Visual Basic coding; and
v Macro programming in MS Word.
2) Demonstrated extensive working knowledge and experience in:
v Development of complex MS Word templates for scientific editing;
v Experience working with MS Word Templates with specific built-in intelligence for Information Security and Controlled Goods
v MS Word 2003, 2007 and 2010
v Advanced MS Word functionality particularly in the area of styles, field coding, figures, tables, equations, cross-referencing and bookmarks.
3) Good knowledge of Information Security and Controlled Goods and the requirements for security markings used in the publishing of scientific and technical publications.
4) Prior experience in working for Government, preferably DND.
High level tasks
1) Provide technical/programming support for the new version of the Template that will be launched July 1st
2) Provide the programming required to revise the Template for the new Document Category
3) Provide the programming that is required for the change in the parameters for EYES ONLY
4) Provide the programming that is required to set up the REL TO
5) Provide the programming that is required to set up the RIC
6) Provide the programming to generate the reports which document where the above three markings appear in the report
|Notes||Please note this position may have been filled prior to the closing date. Applicants may contact us to confirm if the position is still available. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.|
|Security_Level||I - Enhanced Reliability|